Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas Boiler lifetime

Jeff Layman laid this down on his screen :
That's fair enough. I waded through this and it supports your findings:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/648337/heating-controls-compensation-tpi-bre.pdf

I guess a 3% or so saving is worth having, particularly if repeated over
millions of gas boilers. But then they'll all be disappearing in a few years
to be replaced by renewables...

Well, the main point is that my heating doesn't constantly over react
on temperature - the house temperature is much more even now than
before, due to the more consistent steady heat input.