Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Electric jet engine motor?

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 12:48:23 PM UTC-4, danny burstein wrote:
In Frank "frank writes:

Fuel cells can use other sources than hydrogen like lpg or methanol
which are easier to transport. Our state of DE got bamboozled by Bloom
Energy in subsidizing their fuel cells for generation of our electricity
by natural gas. These cells are less efficient than turbines burning
the gas and are not pollution free throughout their life cycle.

Would you have pointers to some articles about that?

I remember the puff piece on Sixty Minutes about five
years ago where they claimed the Bloom Boxes were
The Next Big Thing and how Google was buying them to
power their facilities.

Yeah, lots of Big PR Money there.

Thanks

I'd all but forgotten that big breakthrough that was portrayed on
60 Minutes. Very impressive piece, showing the ones that were deployed
at some very big companies. That must be ten years ago. Haven't
heard anything since and I don't hear of them being deployed, sounds
like much ado about nothing.