Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Nuisance calls

"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
John Rumm wrote:

I'm with virgin who bizarrely make it cheaper to have POTS+TV+BB than
standalone BB. But the phone hasn't been plugged in for 4 years.

Personally I would not want to be without my landlines... better voice
quality, lower latency, integration with my PABX, and they circumvent
the somewhat ropey mobile signal here (i.e. it works, but only in some
places in some rooms of the house).

I'm with you there John. The poor quality and plain unreliability of
many mobile calls gets on my nerves, especially when the caller
actually has a landline and is at home.

with a setup fee of 20p and 10ppp mobile calling is now much much cheaper

(and don't tell me I can get "free" calls from my LL if I subscribe into a
bundle. I don't have a baseline use the phone that's enough to make use of
a bundle, for the optional extra calls to be free)

tim