Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Gas Boiler lifetime

In 2010 my mother replaced her gas boiler. Old cast iron lump with
vertical flue with a Glow Worm. Supplied by British Gas. Even though I
told her not to...

It's gone wrong, and the guy looking at it reckons it's had it. That's a
surprise to me... is it likely, or is he another cowboy?

Assuming it isn't repairable, what's the current view on boiler
manufacturers?

The one she has is wall mounted, and it's got about 80cm headroom (above
the fridge, below the ceiling). Also the exhaust shouldn't be too high
up, it's a chalet style house.

Suggestions?

(Upstream seems to be Vaillant, WB, and Viessman)

Andy