Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Urban Jeff Urban is offline

Default What to salvage from a large LCD tv?

Downtoitness:

See if a place called Shopjimmy is still in business, they might buy the boards. you unscrew the boards and unplug them, put them in a box with some padding and they send you a check. At least they used to. And I don't know about you but if I need a board for one and I know one was working and the screen got broken, that is a pretty prime part. But they won't trust you and you can't send them the whole thing.

You could maybe sell on eBay but that is not all it is cracked up to be. First of all unless you sell all the time you have to wait a month for your money, and you might not even get it. The guy could say it doesn't work and send you back his bad one and demand a refund and eBay will give it to him. I **** you not.

You paid $1,80 for a TV ? How big is this thing ?