Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reduce dust

On Thu, 16 May 2019 20:32:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/16/2019 7:06 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/16/2019 8:12 AM, A K wrote:
I am looking for tips on reducing dust.

I already do these.

1. change ac filters often
2. Use a fan powered ionic air cleaner
3. mop and vacuum frequently

Andy

Buy better (higher MERV) filters.
Vacuum better, with a better vac.

Dust comes from dead skin, carpets, fabrics and dirt blown in and
tracked in from outside.

We recently moved from CT to FL. We noticed a huge decrease in dust.
This house does have hot air heat and AC and I use MERV13 filters. We
have more tile and less carpet. Aside from that, I have no idea why the
dust has nearly disappeared. Previous house had hot water heat so no air
filtration.

We'd have to dust at least one a week before. Now, we do have a
cleaning lady every two weeks but we have not dusted at all and don't
really see it even when she comes.

Aside from the heating system, I have no explanation for the difference
but will continue to change the filter every 2 months.

There is a lot more pollen in the air. The sand we call dirt grades
down to dust too. Couple that with having the windows open a lot and
you get a lot of dust. There is a regular haboob every time I cut the
grass.