Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Rotten Apple?

Brian Gaff wrote

I have an I device but because its got face ID you are supposed to only
need the apple ID only once, however in recent days every time I want to
download an app it wants the id and pass code,

Mine doesn’t. Its happy with the Touch ID.

which of course I hid in a very safe place under a file name I've
forgotten. Bah humbug.

I use a proper password manager.

I think Apple id is only for those using apple stuff.

Not in the sense where stuff is hardware, its also used
for other things like converting pages docs etc if
someone sends you something in that format and
you don’t have any apple device that can read it.

As Itunes is on pc though I'm not sure if you can grease their palm with
silver to get access to the Icloud.

You don’t have to pay for that if you don’t have any apple hardware.

"Bill" wrote in message
tairs...
Son has sent me a message to subscribe to his photo album while he is on
holiday.

I click on the subscribe link, and it wants my Apple ID. To get an Apple
ID, it appears I have to have an iSomething. I don't.

Is there any way of getting an Apple ID, or some way round this?

All the rest of the family just use Windows/Android.

--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com