Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Reduce dust

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 11:16:40 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 11:12:18 AM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I am looking for tips on reducing dust.

I already do these.

1. change ac filters often
2. Use a fan powered ionic air cleaner
3. mop and vacuum frequently

Andy

Insufficient data.

What kind of dwelling? (single-family, multi-unit?)
Age of structure?
Do you keep your windows open or closed, typically?
What kind of air filters?

That's an important one, but maybe not so easy to fix. Some furnaces
just have a spot for a skinny filter. With the right filter housing
you can put in a 4" thick pleated one that traps smaller particles.

How often is "change AC filters often"?
Is ductwork well sealed?
Does the ductwork run through a dusty space like an attic?
Street shoes worn in house?

I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few and others here will ask
additional questions.

Cindy Hamilton

Using a good vacuum that filters properly? I have central, which is even
better, and dust that gets by and odors go outside.