Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Rotten Apple?

In message , Graham.
writes

Bill, you are clearly not with the program; the Apple paradigm.
You need to decide who's side you are on.
This guy will help you make up your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrYOWlKJ_g

What is particularly bizarre is that one of the friends I help with
computer problems has just decided to move from his newish all singing
Windows desktop to a refurbished iMac for himself and one for his wife.

Using Teamviewer, I have supported him for years and years, so I am now
Teamviewering into his iMac. He has been on the phone virtually every
day since it arrived and I am now moderately up to speed on his iMac.

Together, we have managed to get most of his main files across, got his
printers working, installed a new scanner because the old one was
incompatible and found that it was a keyboard fault (stuck key) that had
stopped him being able to send any emails.

There were also a couple of days where he thought he had lost everything
on it, and had been looking for a cardboard box to pack it in ready to
return to the supplier for repair, having carried it into the hall.
After advice from my son, he found a backup and we got it going again.

He still thinks it looks great, has great speakers, and he still wants
to use it for his writing work.

His only current problem is that he copied all his photos over from the
PC and it sync'd them to his iCloud, which now says he has reached the
free limit and wants him to pay for more storage. I have told him he is
on his own searching for how to unsync stuff from the cloud.

I understand that people love Apple, but don't think I will join that
paradigm/universe.

Oh and Teamviewer has now decided that I am probably using it
commercially (absolutely not) and has started asking for money.

--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com