Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

On Wed, 15 May 2019 23:54:31 -0400, wrote:

I am not sure I follow all of this convoluted post but you can \make a
play list most players will honor with that DOS command
DIR *.MP3 /b /u playlist.m3u
That will give you a play list of all mp3 files (m3u file) in the
current directory.

Easiest playlist maker (apart from Winamp) is Mp3Tag. Which is
much faster if you are editing tags on multiple files or exporting IDs
to filenames (or vice-versa).

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Quite small (3.5Mb) freeware.
[]'s

It is pretty hard to beat a 1 line DOS command. I usually drag and
drop into the playlist with note pad to add songs.

I'm a command-line guy myself. But some things are better done
with GUI apps (I hate the word "apps", why do I use it?).
Mp3tag is malware-free. It opens a html page at startup the
first time it's run, but it's on localhost (in the program's folder).
Just switch off your net if it worries you.
ImgBurn, Winamp, MP3Tag, etc functions can all be done from
the command line with DOS | DOS programs, but why bother?

I wrote a GUI to youtube-dl and wget. I was tired of typing in
"youtube-dl -f18 blahblahblah" Or wget -c --referer= https://blabla
https://e.e.e/something.zip
A cut and paste is so much faster. And my fingers hurt.
Doctors have terrible handwriting because they all have RSI. Well, my
generation does. Younger guys probably dictate all their patient's
secrets into Alexa and feel good about it.
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012