Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do these 'lytics need to be replaced?

On 5/14/2019 4:29 PM, three_jeeps wrote:
On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 12:36:34 PM UTC-4, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Thanks for all the prompt and helpful replies.

This is my step son's amp and I have decided that I'm not going to do
any repair that might not be perfect in his eyes. So I'm going to
return it and let him know that the caps should be replaced.

"not going to do any repair that might not be perfect in his eyes"
Hmmm strange choice of words? How are you quantifying a 'perfect repair'?

The key part is the "in his eyes". I don't want to do work that _he_
might not find perfect. It's really annoying to do a favor and have it
criticized.