Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default buying dehumidifer with extended warranty

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 10:57:19 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , lcgh-
says...

In the past several years I have only had one dehumidifier that lasted
a little over two years. All the rest have failed in the first or
second year. So I purchase them now at Lowes, with the two-year
extended warranty (which extends the factory 1-year providing a total
of three). Lowe's has now replaced three for me, with no hassle. This
is the only product for which I buy a warranty.

Just about everyone I have talked to has only gotten two to three years
out of the dehumidifiers if that long.

I never had one, so do not undestand why they do not last. They are
just air conditioners or refrigerators in a sense. Those last for many
years.

This site explains it:
http://quietlycrushingit.com/reviews...ier-long-haul/

Higher pressures than formerly plus cheapest possible manufacturing.