Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Do these 'lytics need to be replaced?

On Tue, 14 May 2019 09:20:51 -0700, wrote:

My guess is that they have gotten very hot, one or more times. Which
would explain both the shrinkage of the covering and the bulge.

The shrinkage looks pretty mild to me. I've seen caps that got so hot
(heat and electrolytics don't go together well) that the plastic casing
had formed puckered-up 'crowns' on top. All the caps I found in that
state have turned out to be ****ed, basically.