Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Do these 'lytics need to be replaced?

On Tue, 14 May 2019 09:54:39 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Are these "bulging"? How much bulge is too much? Or is _any_ bulging
to much? "If you can see that it's not flat, it's too much"?

https://imgur.com/GymXlUb

Thanks,
Bob

I had a few years refurbishing old equipment. I routinely replaced
power supply electrolytics as they were always suspect. I've found
some electrolitics that were not bulging but had no measurerable
capacitance.

I remember an Italian TV signal and video generator that had banks of
electrolytics wired in parallel rather than using high capacitance. It
was a good idea as small capacitors lasted longer than large ones. I
still changed them all!

Steve
--
http://www.npsnn.com