Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lucifer[_6_] Lucifer[_6_] is offline

Default Oldtimer question (valves/tubes)

On Mon, 13 May 2019 14:27:27 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Mon, 13 May 2019 21:46:56 +1000, Lucifer wrote:

The nine volts was the anode voltage!
I had a hybrid car radio with 4 valves and 2 transistors.
The valves used the 12 volts for the anode voltage.

Valves don't need high voltage on the anode for low power applications.

I'll have to look into that. I had no idea of such extraordinarily low
plate voltages as that. 9V eh? Wow! Do you happen to remember the type
number of those? I'd be fascinated to check out the data sheet for 'em.

I don't remember other that the car radio used transistors for the
second audio and the audio output and valves for the rest.