Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] prisciandaroa@hotmail.com is offline

Default Do I need to paint over Kilz

On Tuesday, March 18, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Pete Sharbo wrote:
I'm planning to paint a 10 year old textured living room ceiling that
has some dark stains showing under the rafters. I have been advised to
cover the stains with a product such as Kilz before I paint but my
questions is, why can't I paint the entire ceiling with Kilz and leave
it at that? Do I need to cover the Kilz with a separate coat of paint?

From a Kilz rep "Thanks for your question. Our primers are not stand-alone products, so it's best to topcoat them for long-lasting results. This primer can be left uncoated for up to 30 days before it's sealing and adhesion properties start to deteriorate. Best wishes!" - Sara