Posted to alt.home.repair
slate_leeper[_2_] slate_leeper[_2_] is offline

Default buying dehumidifer with extended warranty

On Mon, 13 May 2019 13:10:07 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Dehumidifiers have become consumables lately - they don't last, and you can't repair them.

But I'm considering getting one with an extended warranty. Has anyone had luck with these? Do they pay off on the failed unit, or does it end up costing me more to ship it somewhere than to buy a new one?

In the past several years I have only had one dehumidifier that lasted
a little over two years. All the rest have failed in the first or
second year. So I purchase them now at Lowes, with the two-year
extended warranty (which extends the factory 1-year providing a total
of three). Lowe's has now replaced three for me, with no hassle. This
is the only product for which I buy a warranty.

-dan z-

--
Someone who thinks logically provides
a nice contrast to the real world.