Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lucifer[_6_] Lucifer[_6_] is offline

Default Oldtimer question (valves/tubes)

On Mon, 13 May 2019 11:23:51 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Mon, 13 May 2019 20:53:55 +1000, Lucifer wrote:

I picked up a valve paging transmitter from a rubbish tip.
It was in working order, 5 watts output on 27.212 MHz, with the crystal
in an oven.

Nice find. It's amazing what gets thrown out! I dream of owning an
apartment overlooking a vast garbage tip so I can spot anything
potentially valuable being dumped. ;-)

I have found so many amazing things at tips.
A bag of stained glass hobby bits and pieces.
Photo copiers I spent hours dismantling.

Auctions are a good cheap source of what many people call junk.