Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Denon AVR HDMI question

Neither Denon nor NVidia has been able to resolve a problem I have.
My system consists of a Linux Box running MPlayer through an
NVidia GeForce 610 video card. The HDMI output of the card
goes to the DVD input to a Denon AVR-3313CI receiver. The
output of the Denon goes to a 65" LG 4K oled display. The
resulting display on the LG is as if there is a serious interlace
mismatch.

If the HDMI signal goes directly to the LG the picture is perfect.

I have tried other NVidia cards, several versions of the 610 and
all show the same problem. Other NVidia cards such as the 210 and
710 do not show the interlace problem.

As with any receiver, I would expect the Denon would query the
display for its edid capability and forward that information to
any source connected to the Denon's input. Apparently not so.

For the time being I have put a 2-way HDMI splitter in the
line coming from the computer to the Denon. One output of
the splitter goes to the Denon while the other output
goes directly to the HDMI1 of the LG display. Simultaneously
the HDMI output of the Denon goes to HDMI2 of the LG.

This arrangement works, and nvidia-settings shows the display
characteristics are set by the LG, but Denon is mentioned in
the nvidia-settings output.

Starting with power off on all three components, I first
turn on the LG, then the Denon, then I boot the computer.
The computer runs 24/7 thereafter.

Could there be a simple solution for connecting the
components together which might correct the problem?