Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Capacitor again :- (

On 6/5/19 2:26 pm, Dallas wrote:
Look165 wrote:

Regardless to the voltage, since it is greater than or equal 450V,
choose 22µF or 27µF which is more common.

Really? I can pick a different µF? My limited research said that a
different µF would cause over heating of the coils and shorten the
life of the motor.

Stay within 40% and it should be fine. Your blind motors don't operate
for long at a time. The run cap effectively creates a third phase, and
increasing or reducing the value moves that phase forward or back a
little, but the tolerance is never tight on these anyhow.

"start" capacitors should get switched out of circuit once the motor is
spinning. They aren't needed and might not be rated for continuous
usage. But it sounds like you need a run capacitor, which would also
work as a start cap.

Clifford Heath