Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Capacitor again :- (

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 12:58:56 PM UTC-4, Dallas wrote:
I posted a data sheet for a KEMET motor run (20 µF +/-5% 450V
capacitor 25 x 56.5mm and 450v) that would fit inside my rolling
shutters tubular motor. Then I noticed that other data sheets
described it as 45x78mm too large to fit. Turns out, the little
capacitor is "obsolete" replaced by the bigger one. Exact same part
number. (Brilliant KEMET) :- (

I have looked at these data sheets for 20 µF motor run capacitors:
KEMET
Panasonic
Cornell Dubilier
EPCOS/TDK
Dayton
Granger

No luck. Capacitors have increased in size and I can't find smaller
ones. I think voltages are higher and that requires a bigger can?

Ducati Energia has one that is perfect... but natually none in stock in
the USA or anywhere else I can find. (Like trying to finding a rainbow
unicorn.)

So my question is, does anyone know of a capacitor manufacturer that
makes weird/non standard sizes/hard to find capacitors?

What I'm looking for:
I'm replacing a motor run capacitor 20 µF +/-5% 320 volts. Original
can dimensions 35x77mm. (Not including the terminals)

The max diameter I can have is 1.46 or 37.16 mm
The max length I have is 3.8" or 99mm.

--
Dallas

Can you externalize the capacitor?