Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will this capacitor work?

On Sat, 4 May 2019 16:54:36 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

It looks ok, with one possible problem. The capacitor should be
non-polarized.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_capacitor
Start capacitors above 20 µF are always non-polarized
aluminium electrolytic capacitors [4] with non solid
electrolyte and therefore they are only applicable for
the short motor starting time.
I dunno about the "non solid electrolyte" since the capacitor in
question is a "solid" polypropylene metallized film dielectric. Oh
well

The capacitor in question was listed as a motor RUN capacitor,not start.

The top of the data sheet says RUN so the non-polarized electrolyte
part should not be in question.

Oops. I stand corrected. I wasn't paying attention to the
differences between start and run capacitors.

Run vs. Starting Capacitor
http://www.capacitorformotor.com/starting_capacitor.html
http://www.capacitorindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/Run-and-Start-Capacitors.pdf

In any case, the data sheet is the correct one for a run capacitor:
https://content.kemet.com/datasheets/KEM_F3063_C87.pdf

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D