Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default My First Punch and Die - Makers & Builders

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 15:54:22 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 11:18:58 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]
snip

[...]
[...]

Stuff I would have done in an eye-blink during years past are a no-go
nowadays. What's changed? My calculated risk. Broken bones or any
serious injury now will be very expensive to fix and quite frankly may
just be all-she-wrote. Medical care/cost has gone bonkers. Plus I don't
have anyone watching my backside either. The will is still there but
the possible consequences has become too great, calculated risk is
just too high.

Stuff you feel comfortable with may look crazy to me and vice-versa. It
all depends on what you know you can do, could possibly go wrong and
the likely hood you can pull it off ;-)

I agree with all of the above, but I would add an important question
that has arisen since the days I rode motorcycles in scrambles and
sports cars in road races.

The question is, "Why?" d8-)

At this point in time we know what it's like (no longer a new
experience) to do some of this stuff or similar. AND we know how much
it can hurt, maim, cost us when things go terribly wrong ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI