Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Combination 4 Jaw Chuck

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I I've never seen a chuck like this, but if I had one setting it up to go
on my lathe would be really close to project number one. This is really
cool.

Union chuck shown starting at about 0:45 seconds.

Don't care much abut the Cushman chuck he is actually planning to work
with later in the video.

https://youtu.be/nJKW8bgCv5s?t=45

A 6 jaw chuck with two opposite jaws removed will center square stock.

*****

I was just seeing a 4 jaw that can act as a scroll chuck or an independent
jaw chuck. Depending on how well it repeats it might be the cat's meow for
repeat work on the same size diameter stock. Dial it once, and then use it
like a scroll chuck.