Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My First Punch and Die - Makers & Builders

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:18:16 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 07:47:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

[...]

That was little different from the chances an aviator of the time
willingly risked.

Right. And I sometimes wonder what the hell went through their
heads.

That the odds were for those "other" guys. It wasn't going to happen
them...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Eddie Rickenbacker related in his memoir how "Mutiny on the Bounty"
author James Norman Hall liked to practice aerobatic maneuvers over
German antiaircraft batteries. In WW2 Saburo Sakai and two other aces
pulled the same stunt over Port Moresby in New Guinea.
http://planejunkie.com/the-tainan-ai...-port-moresby/