Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Marantz Model 19 Scope

wrote:
Does anyone know anything about these ? I know the basics but there are details missing from the print, LIKE THE PINOUT of the CRT !

I can see though (thank you Drs Budrous and Stewart) so I can see the thicker wires, those are pretty much at cathode potential, -500 volts. I can also find the deflection plates and with the centering make the DC voltages equal, still no display.

Unless there's something I missed I need to get into the grid and focus voltages and if those are all there, the CRT is bad ?

From what I hear you would need a SWAT team and a bunch of automatic weapons to get a replacement CRT. Even people with experience on these things, how many receivers had built in scopes ? I saw one in another brand once but can't remember what it was, maybe a Kenwood ? Other than that only Marantz and then even very few models.

I got the other problems fixed, it had a fault on the one power amp board and a bad transistor on the tone amp board which is by the way stuck to the chassis with double sided foam tape ! For what they charged fro these things, foam tape ? And you should see the PITA it is to remove, I was thinking "This board it gonna break", but it didn't.

What you really need is a Fein cutter with an L shaped blade. (they are normally used to cut windshields out of cars)

Anyway, thanks in advance for anything useful on this matter. It makes a big difference in the value of the unit.

Pinouts here :

https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_g3-11gj.html

replacement here (bit spendy) :

Ebay item no 254200412600