Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default SAMs or Forest Mims style analog ic design book

On 4/26/19 10:50 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:39:26 PM UTC-4, Sem Jansen wrote:
I am thinking about learning how to do analog ic design at home.

I don't know what low cost software yet exists out there so this is an
early question about how to learn more about how analog ic chips are
designed.

I went to the local college book store and bought a few electrical
engineering textbooks on cmos ic design which I am reading and where I get
the concept of plls, classes of amplifiers, bandpass filters, etc but none
of those college textbooks are even close to the practical use hands on
SAMS and Forest Mims type which we all used to read a few decades ago for
all our hardware designs.

Do you know of a hands on technician type of analog ic design book?

Do you have the Art of Electronics?
There is 'Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits',
by Gray and Meyer, but I would not call it 'hands on'.
https://www.amazon.com/Analysis-Desi.../dp/0470245999

You can find the earlier editions for much less money. I have the 3rd ed.

George H.

Toumazou's book "Analog IC design: The current-mode approach" is an
excellent read.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--