Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Casio Wave Ceptor radio controlled watch, WR50M

On 21/04/2019 17:17, Pat wrote:
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:08:07 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

On 20/04/2019 14:50, wrote:
I have a wave ceptor and the tiny antenna has separated from the indentation in the frame of the watch (my fault). Do you know if there’s any way of fixing this.

From what I remember of the inside of mine (no problem with it since
cleaning battery and contacts and slightly bending the contacts).
Hopefully the wire of the antenna is not work/age hardened soits
possible to unwind 1/2? turns to give scope to solder back, difficult to
believe 1or2 turns less would affect reception too much.

I've always thought the antenna was part of a tuned circuit (tuned to
exactly 60 kHz). Are you sure 1 or 2 turns wouldn't affect that
tuning?

Pat

I'm guessing its something like 100m of 0.1mm diameter wire, however
many turns that would be, minus 1 or 2 would not be noticed surely.