Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there any way to test a STK463 Audio Amp chip?

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 1:39:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The one I had gave the Quad II a very good run for its money. Perhaps your comments apply to some earlier model. Their downfall was the excessive voltage used on the valves, 500v on 7189A IIRC. That & the unavailability of 7189A is why they aren't a recommended buy now.

I will spare you my opinion on Quad tube stuff. And, as it happens, their equipment from start-to-finish is vastly overrated - but for a few of their ESL speakers. Operative word being 'few'.

c.f.: Blind squirrels and nuts.

But, that is why there are many flavors of ice cream, and even sherbets for the lactose-intolerant.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA