Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Giant 9volt battery

On Friday, 19 April 2019 11:55:45 UTC+1, Lucifer wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:01:31 -0500, wrote:

I've seen pictures but never had a Type B (67.5 volt battery) in hand. I
just got one at an auction in a box of tubes I bought. It looks just
like a giant 9v battery. Same sort of clips on top, just a tad larger.

It's a RCA No. VS 218.

Of course it's dead, but I'm keeping it because it's kind of
historic....

I imagine it dates back to the 1930s or 40s. But there is no leakage and
it's package is clean.

I just calculated. It must contain 45 cells inside its cardboard
container.

I had a device which contained what looked like 6 volt lantern
batteries but were 1.5 volts each.

AD4 maybe. There were others too.