Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Is there any way to test a STK463 Audio Amp chip?

Is there any way to test a STK463 Audio Amp chip? (without having some
sort of special factory analyzer)?

I had a Marantz SR1000 receiver given to me. I plugged it in, and got a
few seconds of hum, panel lights dimmed also. Then smoke appeared. I
found the source of the smoke, a small electrolytic cap blew, and left
the board wet.

I may try to replace that cap, but I suspect there is more wrong. I dont
usually work on anything containing IC chips. And Im sure if that big
amp chip is bad, it would be very costly. (Not worth my time or money).
But I'd be willing to test it if I know how.

By the way, the power supply is working. As soon as I unplugged it
(after the smoke), I got a good spark when I shorted the main (large)
filter caps.