Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Opinions for Wheel Barrow Handles

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:34:44 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
Have two 5-6 cu ft wheel barrows, each with a broken handle. I don't have appropriate hickory, but do have several 5" X 5" X 10' rough cut ash.

Would ash be reasonably strong/durable for making handles? I'm suspecting so, since ash is used for baseball bats. It's been a long while since I've looked at the ash, but I suppose there is some straight grained stuff among the 5Xs.

Thanks.
Sonny

Just a suggestion...

When my wheel barrel sh*t the bed, I decided to try something a bit little
more suited for us older folks. I love it as does SWMBO. I love it even
more when SWMBO loves it instead of calling me to help.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-P...dp/B01H683DIO/

They come in all sorts of sizes and durabilties.