Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Router broadband settings?

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 15:18:46 +0100, R D S wrote:

Got a new (to me ) router, as recommended on here got a Draytek 2860,
hoping for a much better experience.

I spent 36 mins on hold at Clearbusiness though, to get the account
settings to put in it, only to find that when I connected it up, it
worked 'out of the box'.

Is that normal? It certainly hasn't been my experience in the past.

Some ISPs don't bother about account settings, seein that they know what
line you're on.

(I just bought a second 2860 and was able to get a refurb one for £115
plus VAT.)