Posted to sci.electronics.repair
three_jeeps three_jeeps is offline

Default What do you guys use for chassis wiring on old tube gear?

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 4:12:10 PM UTC-4, Spare Change wrote:
On Apr 16, 2019, three_jeeps wrote
(in ):

Beware of buying wire on ebay (and other places such as home depot,
etc)...most of the wire is copper clad aluminum which, IMHO, should be
avoided. Pain to solder, does not make a good crimp connection.
(given this group, I am sure someone will wanna go to the mat on this
point...lol. To each their own)
John

I bought a mains cable that would be attracted by a magnet. Iron wire is one
of Chinas latest cheap modes.

Wonderful, I wonder who is responsible for letting this junk in? We used to have standards that were applied at some higher level, but they are being undermined and ultimately the end user has to be very well aware of the product details. Personally, if not easily found in 1-2 mouse clicks, it is off my list...lol