Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default hot works

Marland wrote:
[snip]
could have been,that isnt practical with large buildings but one thing
that used to and may still take place when ships were worked on in
shipyards and drydocks was when hot work such as welding,cutting etc takes
place you normally have a person present whose job it is to watch out for
fire caused by sparks or heat conduction and make sure the area is safe
before it is left and that person isnt the same one as the one(s) doing
the work.

It was certainly expected even on our little 10.5 metre steel boat
when there was welding being done. It saved the boat from a serious
fire too as I was inside keeping watch while they were welding plates
outside and caught a fire before it got too serious, was still a bit
too exciting for my liking though. I got out sharpish and said there
was a fire, there were three or four hefty lads with breathing
apparatus on inside the boat very quickly!

--
Chris Green
ยท