Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Northfield jointer nearby?

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 10:59:38 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Uh-Oh :-(

I hope this all works out for you. Keep us informed. Intriguing to say the
least.

Spoke to Jeff a bit ago. For transport (reducing the weight), I can remove the infeed table's top itself (6 bolts attachment), without removing the top's movable (pattern maker aspect) base. The out feed table will be easy to remove. With this weight reduction, I can load the bulk of the jointer on my smaller trailer.... parts & pieces in the back of my truck.

Jeff states, again, to bolt the base (feet) to 2X8s or 2X10s with 1/2" carriage bolts, to stabilize it on the trailer.... plus the strapping down across the legs' bases, not on the table's aspects. Lift it by the body, i.e., inside each leg and on each side of the (central) dust chute.

Seems easy enough.

Sonny