Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Northfield jointer nearby?

On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 4:53:57 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 3:23:27 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What does "collect it" mean? In other words, how are you going to get
that monster home and eventually to it's final resting place?

I didn't expect to win the bid, but I wanted to attend the sale. I wasn't prepared to bring it home, besides, I have 3 days to go get it.

As you, I was curious enough about the machine to call Northfield and ask about disassembling the tables, for easy of transport. The tech told me how to disassemble them. He told me how to properly strap, lift and haul the machine with the tables still attached. You don't want to lift it by strapping the tables. He asked that I send him the serial number and he'd give me details of the machine.

The tag on the machine indicated it came from a military base, so I'm supposing the military was the original owner.

Do you need a COI to remove it from the premises? How much will that cost?

No ins required. They have forklifts to haul anything folks need heavy hauling for and they load for you. I'm responsible for tying down my load. I spoke to a forklift driver about specific strapping and hauling and he said there's no problem accommodating me. Since I'm likely to need to disassemble some parts for cleaning and maybe some repair, I might as well disassemble the tables, there, making things easier to load and later unload. I'll copy OWWM parts list for when I disassemble it, just in case.

Just curious, that's all.

Curiosity is fun, too.
Sonny

Are *they* insured for damage caused while lifting/loading? I assume it
wouldn't be for the real value of the unit, maybe not even for the price
you paid for it. Certainly wouldn't include the time you've expended so far..

Of course I'm not wishing for anything to happen, just curious (again) about
how these auctions work. The IRS auction that you posted the other day said this:

"Anyone removing non-hand carriable lots must provide IRS with a certificate
of insurance (€œCOI€) before purchased items can be removed."

The minimum coverage was $2,000,000. Curious as to what that would cost.