Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LiIon charger ct (correction: NiCad)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 13:40:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I was about to say... I don't do much electrical work any more, but an electric drill battery that is lithium ?
I've never heard that.

Most every cordless electric drill made in the last 3 years uses
lithium ion batteries. I have a modest collection of DeWalt cordless
tools that run on LiIon batteries. I don't own one (yet), but you can
get just about any power tool with LiIon battery power. For exmple:
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/shop-by-cordless-platform
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/flexvolt/flexvolt-tools
I recently had to clear a fallen tree and borrowed a LiIon powered
chain saw because of a noise problem. It worked very nicely. However,
I didn't rush out and buy one because of the $500 tool+battery cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5J9pI8bUno
I've also converted my ancient Makita NiCd and NiMH electric drills to
run on LiIon batteries. The battery has to be charged externally
using a RC model airplane charger, but that was easy enough.

Or, just go to Home Despot and look at the power tool section. I
would guess(tm) that about 90% of the cordless tools offered use a
LiIon battery. You can still find NiCd and NiMH powered cordless
tools, but those are decreasing in number.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558