Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default How do they put the flux in solder?

In article ,
Phil Hobbs wrote:

AFAIK the two usual methods for that sort of job are co-extrusion (as in
Blackpool Rock candy sticks, where the writing went all the way through
from one end to the other) and drawing down a preform through a
succession of wire dies. For solder, drawing down would be my guess.

I believe your guess is correct. I saw a marketing blurb by Ersin
Multicore, talking about their process, and they specifically
mentioned the use of a progressively-smaller series of dies.

They said that some "fake" multi-core solder (by their competitors)
uses a single nozzle with five openings to extrude the flux. Although
they didn't say so specifically, this implies to me that their own
process uses five separate nozzles as part of the initial extrusion
process.