Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Are acoustic boards worth double the price....

That very much depends on how you hear things. If its structure borne, then
probably no much use, but if its just through the e wall all sorts of things
might make a difference, but sound isolation is one of those things where
the law of diminishing returns applies. Short of suspending a room within a
room with lots of absorptive stuff and triple glazed windows you will always
hear something.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
...if noise is not a massive issue anyway?

I'm boarding over a wall, between us and neighbours,
noise isn't a massive problem but I can hear them on occasion.
Wondered since i'm boarding anyway would it be worth the extra 50 quid or
so using the denser accoustic board?

I presume i'll lose a bit of noise anyway by adding standard boards.