Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin H[_2_] Kevin H[_2_] is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On Sunday, 17 March 2019 13:12:36 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

You appear to already have a cooker circuit there with a 32A MCB on it.
Any reason why you are not using that?

We're keeping a built in cooker which is on the other side of the kitchen. I thought that and the hob would be asking too much. I've not checked to see what cable is used for the existing cooker. I'll check this and the rating for the cooker. That said today for example I was using two fan ovens and three gas rings when cooking sunday lunch.

If you want a completely new circuit, then looking to see if there is a
RCBO that will fit that CU might be a more pragmatic answer. (especially
with the space afforded by removing the water heater MCB - so even a
double module RCBO would be ok).

As Alan has pointed out, looks like MCBOs are still available, but at £30-40 each. Two of these would not be far off a new CU.