Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Are acoustic boards worth double the price....

On 17/03/2019 12:05, R D S wrote:
...if noise is not a massive issue anyway?

I'm boarding over a wall, between us and neighbours,
noise isn't a massive problem but I can hear them on occasion.
Wondered since i'm boarding anyway would it be worth the extra 50 quid
or so using the denser accoustic board?

I presume i'll lose a bit of noise anyway by adding standard boards.

I used 2 sheets overlapping of normal 12.5mm, making sure underfloor and
ceiling were well sealed in the process. Seemed to make a difference -
or next door's kids have become remarkably quiet.

--
Cheers, Rob