Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default New Induction Hob - CU Change Needed?

On 17/03/2019 09:22, Kevin H wrote:
New kitchen planning underway. Looks like we're going to replace a gas hob with an induction hob requiring a 32A connection back to the CU (photo he https://goo.gl/CGJfg3)

I would say a good move. Easy to control and keep clean. Although I grew
up with a gas cooker I now find them quite alarming to use. There was
one running on Calor gas in a holiday home we quite often stayed at.

The four ring Bosch Induction hob I bought a couple of years ago has
three max current settings, 20A, 16A and 13A. The seller gave me £30
for the old hob, so the net cost was £300. I bought a similar Bosch hob
15 years ago. It cost me well over £400 and Mr Bosch had to come and
change the circuit boards after a couple of weeks.

--
Michael Chare