Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

Rod Speed wrote:

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article 636aae44-ec2f-46c3-8e0c-47c2adf12c39
@googlegroups.com, says...

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 17:45:34 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

Sorry but I don't get it. its a safety feature and we have just won the
right to get all electric vehicles given a sound which cannot be turned
off.

Let the owner choose the sound -

What's the matter with the sound of a traditional electric
vehicle - a trolleybus - and yes, they did make a sound - and
still do, as a visit to Sandtoft will demonstrate:

http://www.sandtoft.org.uk/

It's a distinctive sound, which helps to remind pedestrians
that they can accelerate much faster than their diesel engined
cousins.

Trouble is hordes will never have heard an electric trolley bus now.

And many of those old enough to have heard them in the UK suffer from age
related poor hearing anyway.

Dionne Warwick the soul singer managed not to hear a Glasgow one back in
the sixties and ended up in casualty with leg injuries.

GH