Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

GB wrote:
On 15/03/2019 18:17, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:06:40 +0000, GB
wrote:

Has anyone screwed part of a paving slab to the bottom? You'd need to
place the slab inside, then screw through the base of the bin into the
slab, with very large washers to spread the load.

I thought much the same. Rather than using a paving slab, you could
screw some heavy gauge screws through the base, with large washers to
spread the load, as you suggest, and then empty a bag of postcrete
into the bin, followed by some water to set it off.

I recently had to buy a new bin. They are £50 where I live. So,
experimenting had better not damage the bin too much.

Watching how the bins are inverted and slammed about by the emptying
mechanism, I think a fixed internal weight would soon tear the bin base
apart (and annoy the bin men).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls