Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT

On Saturday, 16 March 2019 04:38:35 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/03/2019 01:29, tabbypurr wrote:

that having assessed and used countless mains extension leads without
harming the afore mentioned man or beast, I am de facto qualified to
test mains extension leads.

that is the nonsequitur. You may be very well qualified to test them, but not because no-one has gotten hurt.

What better qualification could I have? Maybe a piece of paper handed
out after a three hour course at the local tech?

Bill

Electrical knowledge plus knowing what issues to look for. I don't doubt you have the former. Hopefully you have the latter too, though it's not implied by either electrical knowledge or years of experience.

NT