Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How do they put the flux in solder?

On Friday, 15 March 2019 21:58:20 UTC, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:37:57 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Friday, 15 March 2019 20:17:53 UTC, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:20:08 -0700, John Robertson wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how they put the filling in the
Cadbury Caramel bars...

Form the caramel bars, freeze them, dip in a vat of hot chocolate and
lay flat on a cold surface until set?

"An enrober operates by first dipping the bottom part of a confection in
a bath of liquid (chocolate is the primary coating used with such
equipment). The item then passes through a curtain of liquid to complete
the task."

Yes, that makes sense, both as a way to get a coating on the underside
and of the shape or the top and side coating.

Do you know whether the core needs to be chilled? I'm just thinking that
some fillings are very soft and that chilling them would stop them
deforming while being coated and then while the chocolate is setting.

Some fillings are chilled - ice cream certainly has to be

NT