Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:21:08 +0000, Rob Morley wrote:

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:20:30 -0000 (UTC)
Jethro_uk wrote:

On the topic of wheelie bins, are we alone in having dustmen that
look inside and will just take the bag if it's tied, rather than tip
the whole bin ? Does it save time ?

Well, they don't have to take the bin back if they take the bag out,
but who knows how much time looking in every bin adds up?
Our bin usually has multiple smaller bags in it, so better to tip it.
Wherever I leave it for them they usually manage to return it by a wall
close to a lamp post where it's most likely to inconvenience someone
with e.g. a tandem push-chair.

'Companiable' push-chairs are even wider!
We have a standard footway then a wide verge. The bindroids (dimdroids?)
mange to leave the bins in the middle of the footway. Another metre wouldn't
be too difficult, surely.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away