Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default 10mm^2 connector

ARW wrote:

On 14/03/2019 21:54, sm_jamieson wrote:

I've got to connect 10mm to 4mm (10mm is from SWA), I reckon 60A choc
bloc with 10mm on one side and folded over 4mm on the other will be
just fine. But 2.5mm in those size terminals, as you say could slip out
of the screw.

Simon.

Well, in case anyone is interested, the 60A choc bloc will just take a
10mm^2 and 4mm^2 all the way through from opposite sides so the whole
thing is on 2 screws, which is always reassuring.

4 screws on the 60A jbs I use

Mine too. But I only used two of them and put the 2.5mm and the 10mm
wires in from the same sidet. Seeing it is all in an outer box with
the cables effective fixed behind the wood panel it's mounted on there
seemed no downside and more reliable contacts.

--

Roger Hayter