Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

On Friday, 15 March 2019 16:55:49 UTC, R D S wrote:
####ing wind!

I'm sick of finding a wheelie bin on it's arse, empty, contents strewn
everywhere.

I put a paving slab on them which prevents this, but only if I remember
which I didn't yesterday.

So has anyone come up with a more 'set and forget' solution?

In our case a bungee cord tying together the handles of two bins together back-to-back has worked wonders. Separately they'd walk around in the wind, often falling over entirely, but together we've had no issues.